Sunday, December 03, 2006

She climbed out of her crib! (13 months)

So I heard Ava babbling when she woke up from her nap, but I was talking to Grandma Lotzer on the phone so I was going to wait awhile before I got her. About 5 minutes passed and then I decided to go upstairs to get her. Imagine my surprise when I met her at the top of the stairs WALKING out of her room with her teddy bear in her hand! I was completely dumbfounded! She has been climbing on everything like crazy lately, but out of her crib? And there wasn't a crash/bump/crying or anything. All I could do was laugh at the whole thing. Thank God I went up there when I did, though, because I didn't have the upstairs gate locked. This is a whole new ballgame!

We did discover that the crib wasn't at its lowest setting...we promptly fixed that and she hasn't crawled out again (yet).

No comments: