Thursday, May 03, 2007

10 More Days...

I sent off what will be the last package to Afghanistan yesterday. YAY! Things are going well for Scot...or at least it seems. I haven't talked to him for almost a week, but I've gotten a few messages and emails. He flew the last 2 days and those might be his last 2 flights. Tomorrow his crew starts something called "duty crew" for the next 4 days. They will stay at the base, man the phones, drive people to and from the runways, etc. It's very comforting to know that he is pretty much out of harm's way for the remainder of his time there. They leave on the 11th and are scheduled to arrive in Minneapolis on the 14th. It can't come soon enough!

As for Ava, she's doing well too. Her new favorite thing (and word) is bubbles. She's a big fan of giving kisses these days too. It's very cute! The weather has been pretty nice, so she's been outside at daycare the last few days. Our next big purchases will be some kind of climber/slide and a sandbox. Should be fun!

No comments: