No, I'm not pregnant. Believe it or not, someone in our household is changing jobs and its not me. And not really "changing" jobs, I guess, just paring down to one. After working nearly eight years with Champion Air, Scot has decided to leave his full-time position as the Manager of Safety. A lot of you probably already know this, but here's a recap anyway.
A lot of things factored into this decision. In addition to both of us working "banker's hours" and taking care of a two-year-old, Scot has been very actively flying with the Guard. Burning the candle at both ends for the past several years is taking a toll, so he's making a change. Leaving Champion will allow him to spend more time with family, get things done around the house, and devote more time to the Guard. The flying schedule is very flexible, so he'll be able to pick up local flying and trips to compensate for income he would have made at Champion. Several other guys have been doing this for a long time and have made decent money, so we're hoping that holds true for Scot too.
Scot is still talking with Champion about maintaining some sort of "temporary" or "contract" relationship, where he could work occasionally in Safety or other areas on an as-needed basis. There are still quite a few details that would need to be sorted out for this to happen, but it would be better than severing all ties. We'll see what happens with that. His official last day is 11/21.
So, it's a little scary simply because it's change...but I think we'll all be a little happier as a result. And things are going well with my job. It looks like I may be getting a promotion soon to become a supervisor in my department. I've been doing a lot of training and project management since I started my new job at Medtronic, which I've really liked. Hopefully this new position will be a good fit for me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment