Reese Noelle
1/10/09
6:25 pm
6 lbs 12 oz
21 inches
I felt my first contraction at 9:30 am Saturday morning and they occurred about every 20 minutes after that. We called the hospital around 11:30 and they said we could go ahead and come in since I had already been dilated to 3-4cm at my appt last Monday. We got to the hospital around 12:30 and by the time I got in a room, they were coming every 5 minutes. Got the epidural around 2:45 and was loving life after that. (I had a lot of anxiety about getting the epidural, because with Ava they had to stick me 3 times and it was pretty much the worst part about the whole experience - I couldn't believe how much better it went this time!) Anyway, labor stalled a little - I was still dilating further but not contracting as much, so the nurse broke my water around 5 pm and my doctor was on her way. That got things moving along really quickly - I pushed for about 45 minutes and little baby girl arrived at 6:25 pm! Didn't really feel a thing. I'm not sure how it could have gone any better, quite honestly - it was really a great labor and delivery. Baby remained nameless until the next day - we had tossed around Reese in the last couple weeks and it ended up sticking. We were so prepared with a boy name that we were just kind of having a wait and see attitude to see if we really needed a girl name ;-) And we did! I'm really excited to have 2 girls - I honestly didn't care one way or another and now it just seems to be perfect to have a second little girl. She is a spitting image of Ava. Ava is doing well so far - she's pretty fired up about being a big sister. Though she refers to Reese as "he" a lot of the time and likes the name Lauren better (a new baby started at daycare last week named Lauren). But she has been very loving towards her little sister and we hope it continues! Scot will be home with us until the middle of next week and I will be home until April 6th. Yay!
By the way, the pool results are on the link at the left - congrats to my friend Avinity (who I know from a parenting website) for having the closest guess!
3 comments:
Congratulations to you & Scot! I'm happy to be an aunt again. Ava looks so happy to be a big sister also.
Take care
You look beautiful, Reese is beautiful, Ava looks darling with little sister in her arms!
Oh, and Scot is the proud daddy of 2 little girls :)
Can't wait to meet Reese!
Hugs,
Sarah
Congrats Heidi!!! I'm so happy for you and am so glad to hear it went so well. Reese is beautiful and it's such a gorgeous name! Can't wait to hear more about your little sweetie :-)
Post a Comment