Friday, June 12, 2009

Lights, Camera, Reese.

So, the casting call was this morning. I elected to drop Ava off at daycare while Reese and I went on this escapade. I gave lots of second thoughts to this, as Ava was being well-behaved and cooperative for the morning. But I also have enough experience (3 years, 7 months, 2 days in fact) to know that things can change fast. Not knowing what to expect at a casting call, I decided not to brave it.

Reese and I arrived at Fratelli Studios a little after 9am.

We signed in, I filled out a short form. Is she wearing a white onesie? Yes. On to the next area. There were a few other moms and one dad ahead of us, all hopeful, and each toting a baby between 4 and 12 months.

When it was our turn, Stacey from the waterpark came over and said, "Don't tell me...{looks at baby]...this is Reese from the waterpark!" We went over to the photographer and set Reese down in an infant seat. 3 pictures and we were done. The third was the money shot - big smile, big eyes. Stacey said if they were shooting for that particular product it would be the picture on the box for sure. She may say something along those lines to every contender, who knows. So then we were done. She asked me to email her again when I got home so she made sure she had my contact info, so I did. She responded a little while ago and said "Reese did GREAT. I'll be in touch."

By the time we left, there must have been at least 30-40 babies on the sign-in sheet with over an hour to go. So, the odds really aren't that great...but we will just wait and see. I would expect I'd hear something soon since the actual photo shoot is scheduled to take place sometime around June 24th. Either way, it was a fun little experience, certainly something I wouldn't have sought out on my own.

Modeling is exhausting.

A happier and more alert Reese from 2 days ago.

Her newest trick! (She really needs to start slowing down on these things)

And for comparison...here is Ava at 5 1/2 months. Yikes.


I took Ava to get her haircut last week and they took off about 4 inches - it's a lot easier to manage!


And Scot...he had a busy week too. He flew Monday and Tuesday, had a checkride flight on Wednesday (which he passed with flying colors), ground training Thursday, and flew a formation flight today. If everything goes as planned we will be out of here in 4 weeks, which seems crazy. It has really gone by quickly! No plans yet for the weekend, just looking forward to a little R & R. Oh wait, we have Ava here. Umm...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's awesome! Nothing like starting the kids young to help out with stuff around the house :-) We keep telling Emma she needs to get a paper route, but nothing yet - haha! Good luck - hopefully she get's it!

dougnlarry said...

I guess she didn't get it? Bummer. What a fun experience though. And maybe something else will come along.

:)