Tuesday, August 11, 2009

7 Months

Reese celebrated 7 months on the 10th. And boy is she busy! While Ava was just barely starting to crawl at 7 months, 1 day, Reese has it nearly perfected. She scoots around now faster than we can keep track of and it's just a matter of time before we'll need to throw up some strategic barriers around the house. In the last week she has also started crawling from a sitting position and sitting from a crawling position! I hope her milestone-breaking slows down a bit but I fear it won't.


She had her 6 month doctor visit on July 30th and checked out great.
Weight: 15 lbs, 5 oz
Height: 26 inches? (I can't remember for sure - bad Mom!)
She was somewhere around the 40-50th percentile for each.

She doesn't have any teeth yet but she is drooling incessantly. She was also extra fussy last week so I thought one or two would have sprouted by now, but so far nothing. My trusty blog tells me that Ava didn't get her first teeth until she was almost 9 months old, so maybe it will be awhile yet. She is getting more and more vocal - in the last few days she discovered that she can say "BA BA BA BA BA BA BA!" really loudly and so she does this often. She still smiles all the time - you just can't help but smile when you're around her! AND maybe most importantly, she is really and truly sleeping through the night now. She's been doing this pretty much since we moved back home and we're just so thankful - it's amazing what full nights of sleep can do for you. I usually put her to bed around 7-7:30 pm and she will sleep until about 6 am. She generally takes 2 naps during the day too - yay Reese! She is also eating more and more solids and has rarely met a food she didn't like. The only thing I can think of that she hasn't liked so far is bananas. Otherwise it's all fair game - I think she would eat 24/7 if it was an option for her. Well, so would I, I guess (so maybe not all that newsworthy).

She has never cried during a bath. She just loves them so much and her favorite part is getting snuggled up in the hooded towel afterwards - she giggles and smiles like crazy.

Oh yeah, and she's a thumbsucker just like her big sis.

The rest of us are all doing pretty well too. Scot just came back from taking an Alaskan cruise with his mom and sister - they all had a wonderful time and if I hadn't been to Alaska already myself, I would have been even more jealous than I was. Thankfully, another vacation is in our near future - we are all going to Captiva, FL at the end of August. I don't have anything new to report on our jobs - mine is still in limbo, though they should be announcing things in the next few weeks and I have an inkling that I will be happy with the switch. The job posting that Scot applied for is now closed, so they should be interviewing for that soon. LOTS.OF.CHANGE as always for us.

Ava? Still our little Miss Jekyl & Hyde - she can be sticky sweet one minute and a complete monster the next. I've heard four is better...but at this rate I'm becoming less convinced that good behavior is right around the corner. Most of the time, though, she really can be so much fun - we've been playing a lot of games lately. And her imagination is through the roof - Vicki has made that comment to us over and over again. Right now, her favorite name is "Alayma". All of her babies are named Alayma. Sometimes they have twins named "Aloma". It's all pretty comical...Last night when Scot put her to bed she said, "Daddy, I like you because you're cute." Pause. "No, I mean handsome."

3 comments:

Theresa Ertel said...

The Jekyl & Hyde thing MUST be the age. Allie is the same way! Sounds like things are going great with the girls! Did I mention Carter has a tooth - ridiculous :)

dougnlarry said...

Oh man, that last comment had me LOL. Too cute.

Reese sounds like quite the overachiever. I'm glad she's sttn for you now though. What a huge difference that makes.

C! said...

Your girls are so beautiful. Get the baby gates ready - Reese looks like she's going to be a fast one and quick! And yeah, I think the jekyl & hyde thing must be the age, we have that problem here too.