Monday, August 17, 2009

Holy Crap...

We bought a new house on Friday.

So, it's been a busy few days as we have gone from casually looking at internet postings (albeit several hundred) and about 10 actual visits to making a no-kidding offer. We had the home inspection today and everything seemed to check out well - we close on October 30th, which is great as that gives us a pretty big cushion to get our house sold. Frenzied cleaning describes the weekend - I even conned my parents into coming over to help out. :-) That didn't work out quite like I had hoped though, since we ended up in the ER with my mom about 30 minutes after their arrival. My poor mom smashed her right thumb while trying to replace a window she had just washed. Ouch! The staff at Woodwinds got her all bandaged up, though - she was a trooper throughout and even managed to help with some cleaning after all...

It's going to be a busy week - we're going to continue to clean up our place, but we are also leaving for vacation on Saturday with Scot's family so there that's to get ready for too. We would have loved to get our house listed before we go on vacation (because it would actually STAY clean!) but I don't think it's going to happen. So we're going to try really, really hard for the first week of Septemeber and hope that it sells quickly. And somewhere in there I need to finish my book club book - The Time Traveler's Wife - because we're going to see the movie on Thursday. Whee!

Here are some pics of the new place...




9 comments:

dougnlarry said...

OMG!

I love the new house. Very nice.

GL selling yours. I hope you get it listed soon and the right buyer walks in first thing. :)

Nemeth family said...

Wow! Congratulations on the new house. It is beautiful! I bet you are so excited...I would die for that kitchen :-)

GL selling your house!

Lisa said...

Wow, Heidi, it's beautiful! How exciting! I can't wait to hear more details. Where is it, by the way?

C! said...

whoa! congratulations!!! I hope your house sells quickly - the new house is beautiful. Enjoy the vacation, the movie, & the move :)

Addie said...

Wow! The new house looks great! (Does the playset get to stay in the backyard?) I hope you get yours sold quick and everything goes smoothly during these next few months!

Jen said...

WOW, Heidi, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the kitchen and backyard!!! Good luck selling yours!!

Sarah said...

Holy Goodness, speaking of cleaning, it's going to take you 3 times as long in that beauty :)!!!

Where is it?

You can just tell me(us) at book club tomorrow night :)

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!! The new house is beautiful -- I'm so jealous of your pretty new kitchen! GL getting your current home listed and sold ASAP.

Kelly said...

okay, how did I miss this post? Your new house looks awesome! I bet you cannot wait :-) Hope all is well!