'Tis the name of the 5K training program I printed out several weeks ago. I have a feeling the program would have been more effective had I done more than 6 workouts. Ah, but life really, really got in the way these past few months. Excuses, excuses I know. I don't like the sound of it either but the last few months have been pretty dang busy. And stressful. Moving back from Atlanta. Adjusting to working outside the home with 2 children. Being a single mom to those 2 children while Scot is periodically away. The buying and selling of houses. And most recently, supporting Scot while he and his sister support his mom, whose battle with cancer over the past 2 years is becoming more and more grim. And going about my own grieving as well.
So when I actually completed the 5K today without stopping, I couldn't help but shed a few tears. Even after all my years in track, I have never run that far in my life. And it's really not that far, I realize. But it was for me and in light of all that is going on in life, I feel proud that I finished. Oh, and special thanks to my running (and life) partner Scot, who said all the right things during the race to keep me going. Who also let me beat him by one second. :-)
5 comments:
How awesome that you two ran together. Good for you!
I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't going well with your mother-in-law. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
That's AWESOME!! I've been wanting to do a 5K too, have downloaded the couch-to-5K program, but have not done even one of the workouts because it never seems to be the right time....maybe I should take your lead and just do it anyway.
Way to go! I am so glad to hear the 5K went well for you - but sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. also - you will have to share the name of that Chinese restaurant. Tim and I are always searching out good ones.
Awwww! Your post brought tears to my eyes. How sweet - "running and life partner."
My prayers are with you for your mother-in-law.
Way to go sis!~ That's more than I'll ever hope to run. So glad that Scot and you were able to finish together. Coach Petey would be pround too!
Post a Comment