Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sign us up!

So...all 4 of us Wilcoxians have something in the works coming up that we have registered for.

First comes Reese - she is all set to start attending Music Together classes in April. We had Ava in this program for a few years and it was something we all really enjoyed. Getting started a little later with Reese, but I think she'll love it. I took her to a "trial" run on Saturday and she had a ball - it was nice to have some 1:1 time with her and see her get engaged with the singing and dancing. The class meets every Saturday morning for the next 10 weeks.

Next up comes Scot - he is slated to go on an "Honor Flight" on April 30th. He will be flying from the Twin Cities as a guardian volunteer to accompany World War II veterans so that they can visit the World War II Memorial in Washington. He has a few pre-flight meetings in April to find out more about the event. He is very excited to have this opportunity and I'm very happy for him.

My event is in June - I have signed up for the MS150 - a 150 mile bike ride over 2 days to raise money and awareness for MS. Holy crap, that is going to be a long trip! ;-) My best bud Jess and I are riding for Team Medtronic along with a few of our other coworkers. I just got my bike tuned up a few weeks ago and took it for its inaugural run this season yesterday - it was about 50 degrees, a perfect day to get out! I covered 10 miles on the Gateway Trail...it felt good, but gosh, just a fraction of what I'll be riding in June. We have an 8 week training plan that we hope to follow, which should put us on track for the main event - let's hope so! Having 2 dear friends with MS, the cause means a lot to me. I need to raise $300 to participate and am over halfway there. If you would like to sponsor me, shoot me a line! :-) Every little bit will get me closer to my goal.

And finally, Ava. My little 5 year old is going to be starting Kindegarten in the fall so we had her school open house a few weeks ago. Crazy! We have elected to sign her up for full day and are waiting to find out if that request gets fulfilled. The bummer in all of this is that after 5 years, we need to find a new daycare! Our current daycare provider lives in a different school district, so we need to make a switch for that reason. We visited a different provider last Sunday and will probably go with her and make the transition sometime in June or July.

As usual, we're busy, busy, busy! Lots of exciting things to look forward to in the next weeks and months.

No comments: