What does a perfect Mother's Day look like? I think it's a balance between being pampered a little and spending good quality time with the family. And that was how the day went. I rolled over to look at the clock in the morning and it was 8:15! And then I looked down and the Sunday paper was on the floor next to the bed. Wow. Wow. Wow. I opened the blinds, let the sunlight in, turned on some music and read the paper. UNINTERRUPTED. For about an hour. Then I heard some commotion coming down the hallway and two bursts of energy blew open the door with repeated chants of "Happy Mother's Day!" And with them they had a plate of monkey bread! I opted to join them all down in the kitchen for our breakfast feast.
Then it was present time! Scot got me a great gift - a Camelback water backpack, which will come in handy on my big bikeride in a few weeks. Ava made me some notecards at preschool that are adorable...and Reese, well she just flashed me lots of smiles with those cute dimples of hers. Later in the morning, Scot took the girls to the park and came home with an Edible Arrangements fruit basket. Yum! We spent the rest of the day hanging out at home and Scot and I made lasagna for supper. It was such a great day.
And because I'm a little bit spoiled/selfish, I was feeling a little pouty towards the end of the night because I had asked for a mother's necklace - I had sent Scot the link and everything to make it super easy for him to get me exactly what I wanted ;-) I finally asked him about it while we were curled up on the couch and watching TV. He jumped off the couch, ran upstairs, and came racing back with a little yellow mailing envelope. And lo and behold, there was my necklace! He had gotten it about a month ago and had completely forgotten about it - it was sitting on his dresser the whole time.
And my two little monkeys who make me such a proud, happy mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment