Saturday, June 01, 2013

A for Effort

Ava competed in the final spelling bee this past Tuesday and did awesome!  Unfortunately, I didn't get to see her in person, as my girlfriends and I were flying home from Dubrovnik (I know, I really need to update the blog), but Scot was a champ and recorded all of the action for me.

She whizzed through all of the regular rounds against 3 other first graders and 4 second graders.  Her words to spell were:

  • after
  • edge
  • pair
  • wrap
  • spare
  • scorn
  • lifetime
  • fasting







After that, they introduced "challenge" words which weren't on the study list.  Her first word was "polling" and sadly she missed, spelling it "poling".  We are so proud of her - she really studied hard and it paid off - Yay Ava!



1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Congratulations Ava! You look very proud holding your award :)