Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I've heard it all.

Just got this message from Scot:
Had a pretty nice day today. It's our halfway point already today, so we did a crew "spa day." All of us went to the day spa on base and got manicures, pedicures, facials, and massages. I don't know about the first three, but the massage hit the spot. The whole package was $40. Very nice.

So, he's in the middle of a war zone and had a spa day. I'm in the middle of my own war zone (Operation Enduring Ava) and am still waiting for my spa day! Seriously...

Lucky for me, Di offered to stay home with Ava during her morning nap on Saturday so that I could go do something similar. Yay! And despite my jealousy, I really am happy for Scot--he and his crew definitely deserve some pampering.

Here's the rest of his message:
I also took a bike ride around the base perimeter. There are some old Russian tanks, guns, and aircraft laying in a remote spot on base. Pretty cool. You can see the "villages" surrounding the base as well. Everything is made from baked clay, and kind of blends in with the environment. I wasn't sure people actually lived in them, but there were some sheperds with their flocks walking around out there. We have it pretty good.

No comments: