Thursday, April 26, 2007

No Fear

I'm pretty sure that's Ava's mantra and she takes after Daddy in that regard. No slide is too high, no sidewalk too hard...

Here's a look at her little nose with a big scrape after a faceplant with the sidewalk last week:



Here she is at the park at Beaver Lake (about a 10 minute walk from our house). She loves this swing, but doesn't like to hold on to the chains. Doesn't always make for a great combination.

Navigating the tunnel:


She loves this entire playground. She can get to the tube slide on the left all by herself by scaling a ramp that you can't really see in the picture, going through the tunnel, walking across a "bridge", etc, etc. All of this does not equal relaxation for Mom ;-)

Enjoying a rock snack after playing hard. And no, I don't "let" her eat them, but I can't always prevent them from getting in her mouth.


Ava is 17 1/2 months.

She likes:

  • Giving kisses
  • Putting on shoes (hers, mine, anyone's)
  • Playing outside
  • Milk
  • Music class
  • Looking at pictures of Daddy
  • Pointing to her body parts when asked

She dislikes:

  • Going out to eat (B-O-R-I-N-G!)
  • Veggies (still)
  • Coming IN from outside
  • Leaving playgrounds
  • Being in shopping carts

Some new words:

  • Cookie
  • Kicki (Vicki)
  • Socks
  • Down
  • Whee! (does that count as a word?)
  • Coat
  • Clothes
  • Please
  • Arm
  • Toes
  • Diaper
  • Bath

No comments: