Ava has really taken to 2 books lately. They are books I had when I was little. The first is a strange 3D version of Little Red Riding Hood where the wolf is dressed up kind of like a Beatle. Not only does the wolf have bad fashion sense, but he eats Little Red Riding Hood and the Grandmother. The gruesome tale ends with a woodcutter coming along, slicing the wolf open to release the victims. The final picture shows the slaughtered wolf with his tongue hanging out, a dog barking at the carcass, and Grandmother and Little Red Riding Hood in an embrace. At least it has a happy ending...I checked Amazon and it doesn't look like they market this version anymore.
The other book she likes is The Little Red Caboose. It's a classic tale about teamwork and self esteem. I'm surprised she sits through the whole story--it's the first book with lengthy text that she really pays attention to. She wants to sleep with it and requests a reading at least once daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment