Saturday, November 01, 2008

Lots of Updates

Doctor Appointment - 29 weeks
I went in on Monday for a checkup - much to my surpise, I had only gained 2 pounds since my last visit and am measuring a week behind (28 weeks). I feel a lot bigger than those stats would suggest, but I guess I'm on track. I passed my glucose tolerance test...but ended up leaving work early that day because I got really nauseous from the drink. I'm still anemic, so I'll continue to take iron twice a day. So, all in all, things are going pretty well. My next appointment is November 17th and then I'll start going every 2 weeks already - I can't believe it!

Cats

Just because they don't get much press...


Pumpkin carving
We carved pumpkins on Wednesday night and it was pretty much a success. Ava wasn't interested in carving and just wanted to draw on them, so I let her have at the backs of them with magic marker. We roasted the seeds for the first time and they turned out really good! And halfway through she felt the need to wear her bathing suit (naturally). The rest of the time you can see she is still wearing the same blue striped dress I've mentioned before - she usually races up the stairs to her bedroom after getting home from daycare to put this on. She sleeps in it too. It's truly amazing when we have any pictures of her not in this dress.



And they turned out pretty cool!

Halloween
A busy day! We started out the day with Julie's (Scot's sister) swearing in ceremony to the MN State Bar. She took the bar exam in July and just found out she passed a few weeks ago. Now she is officially an attorney! We are very proud of her.

Then, of course, trick or treating came later. Ava dressed up as a princess. Everything will Ava is princess these days and I've been told to expect that she'll be a princess for Halloween for the next couple of years.

She LOVED trick or treating this year. We probably went to about 20 houses in our neighborhood and she had a ball. She didn't quite master the timing of saying "Trick or Treat", but people still gave her candy anyway. Our favorite thing was that she would just sprint away from the house after getting the candy, completely and totally elated (and looking like a blur in most of these pictures). It was too cute. And she wants to go again tonight.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Great updates! Your Ava is such a character! Too funny about the swim-suit change mid-pumpkin carving. And that dress. I love that she loves that dress. Those pumpkins are awesome!

I loved the cat update too. By the way. Here is a conversation Sam and I had on the way home from your house when we visited last:
Me: "Did you have fun at Heidi and Ava's?"
Sam: "Yes but I couldn't bring my pigs" (remember he has imaginary little pig friends)
Me: "Why couldn't you bring the pigs?"
Sam: "I was worried the cat would eat them."

Tricia

A Crafty Mom said...

OMG!! That costume is the cutest - I love Ava in it :-) Your pumpkins rock - very talented you guys are!! And the swimsuit really adds some flare to those pictures, lol. Glad you all had fun. Congrats to Scot's sister - what a great accomplishment.

dougnlarry said...

Those are great pics!

I'm glad things are going well with the pregnancy. :)