We dropped Ava off at Vicki's in the morning and headed out to do some shopping - we drove up 35E to North Branch, stopped at a little dive first for some greasy pizza and then headed over to the outlet mall. We found plenty of good deals and it was nice to shop at a relaxing pace.
Then we made our way back to Stillwater just in time to check in at the Rivertown Inn.
It was breathtaking - the perfect place to unwind. We settled into our room, took a few pictures...
...and then headed downstairs for wine and cheese. We chatted with a really nice couple who was about our age and then we headed on over to a place called Stone's for dinner. Had some great pasta dishes and a fantastic dessert (butter pecan ice cream covered in coconut and hot fudge). Thought briefly about staying out later to listen to some live music, but let's face it, we're old and tired and we didn't.
In the morning we had an amazing 4 course breakfast - it was to die for. Checked out of our room and then bummed around the downtown area and finished up in front of the fireplace at Starbucks where we each did some reading. It really couldn't have been better. Came home to a napping Ava, so we napped as well. Thanks again to Julie and Jess who babysat - it was wonderful!
Yowza - here's a 29 week view of the ol' belly. I have a dr appt tomorrow - I would venture to say that I'm quite a bit larger this time around than I was with Ava.
3 comments:
Looks like a great place - is this the same place you guys went last time??? How fun and relaxing for you two! And I think the belly looks just perfect :-)
How fun. I'm sure it was just what you needed. And you look great! I love your belly. :)
That is so awesome you guys do stuff like that. Tad & I really need to do stuff like that! Though your trip was VERY well deserved after a long break from each other!
Post a Comment