Sunday, December 14, 2008

Counting down...

Yikes! Gosh, less than one month to go. It seems like forever and not enough time all at once. I do feel like I've been pregnant forever, considering we made the initial announcment to our families on Mother's Day. But in many ways, I'm not ready. I'm mostly scared about going from a family of 3 to a family of 4 and all of the unknowns it will bring. I know it will all work itself out in the end, though...we won't have any other choice, right?

So, I had my 36 week appointment a few days ago and now will start seeing my doctor every Monday. Things are moving along just fine - I was surprised to find out I'm already dilated to 1-2cm, though my doctor said that's fairly common after the first pregnancy. If I remember correctly, I was dilated for 2 or 3 weeks with Ava and she did not budge until 3 days after my due date. And for all those people who ask if I want a December baby for the tax deduction? I really don't care. I would just as soon make it through the holidays without a disruption like childbirth and let this little guy or girl cook a little longer. Besides, my insurance will actually be quite a bit better beginning in January so it all ends up being a wash. Otherwise, my iron is still low and I'm still tired most of the time. I don't expect that to change anytime soon!

We are definitely in less of planning frenzy with this baby. We have a boy name picked out, but still no girl name. We don't have a nursery for the baby - Ava is still using the only other bedroom that is upstairs by ours (our other two bedrooms are downstairs) so we aren't in a rush to move her. We figure the baby will sleep in our room for the first few months anyway - we'll get a room for him/her eventually. I just finally did my first load of "baby laundry" - got out all of Ava's things that can be reused and washed them up (OK, so that event tugged at the heartstrings a little...). I received a sample newborn diaper in the mail from Pampers last week and couldn't believe how tiny it was! We have a couple of boxes of diapers and wipes. And I have boobs, assuming nursing is a success again this time. Eh, so everything is pretty much checked off!

And because I don't feel like typing much more, here are some pictures from the last week...

Ava's idea of trimming the tree - the cluster technique:


Ava and Daddy all bundled up, ready to tackle snow shoveling:


Making spritz cookies, a Wilcox family tradition:

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love the cookie shot! Ava's expression in the shoveling photo is funny also. Gus was a cluster-ornament-decorator too.
Glad you're not getting too stressed about #2. Things will take care of itself in time - no use getting your undies in a bundle.

A Crafty Mom said...

The cookies look YUMMY!!! How cute is Ava in her snowsuit??? I love the bundled up look, there's something about pink snowsuits that is just adorable, I love squishing Leah into hers! Sounds like you are just about ready, mama, and I SO remember how ready I was for the baby to come last January. You'll do great and it will all go smoother than you think. Before you know it you guys won't remember *not* being a little family of four!!