Monday, January 05, 2009

Enough already

Hey Baby! Come out!

I just had my 39 week appt this afternoon and I really hope it's the last! I'm dilated to 3-4 cm already...poor baby, it's like I'm literally smushing it's head every time I sit down! Otherwise no contractions and no other signs of impending labor - boo. My doctor stripped my membranes again for good measure, but I suspect I'll just feel crampy tonight and then nothing else will happen. Oh well...I guess it will come when it's ready. I was really hoping this one would be a LITTLE early though! Apparently I just have a comfy tummy.

So, I made another appt for the 12th - my due date. Dr. L. said we could induce on the 16th if I go that long - cripes, I'm already halfway there. I was induced with Ava too (she was 3 days late and when we went in for the biophysical profile, they kept me as she wasn't moving enough). I was already dilated to 2 or 3 then too, so I had a really good experience and am definitely open to going that route again.

In other news, we took Ava bowling for the first time yesterday! (Gee, you'd think that would have induced labor, but no!). We had a really fun time - we cheated a little and helped push the ball down the alley on most of her turns, but she didn't care. Her favorite part might have been the hand drier. (And yes, Scot got her dressed - not me)





And I never posted our sledding pictures from Christmas Day - Ava and Scot both had a ton of fun (while I watched).


5 comments:

C! said...

Heidi - sending lots of ELV's and hoping you get to meet baby soon! (& Ava looks adorable in her cheerleading outfit!!)

JoAnn said...

Baby is just waiting until January 9th, cuz that's what my Guess is :)

We'll all be patiently waiting.

dougnlarry said...

What great pics.

Sorry baby is staying put. I'm still hoping for early. It could still happen. Hang in there.

A Crafty Mom said...

SO cute - that Ava is adorable!!! I have a feeling you will not be induced so no need to worry on that front. I think baby will be here any day, that's my hunch :-)

Kelly said...

I feel your pain lady! It seems like forever that I was in your situation; but then again not really! The baby will be here soon- I can feel it. Cannot wait to meet the new addition!