Monday, March 16, 2009

Interview with a 3 year old

There are a few versions of this running around on Facebook right now (which I'm sure is news to anyone who doesn't have a 3 year old and/or who isn't on Facebook). Anyway...

Name? Ava Mawgawite

Age? 3

Where do you live? School

Mommy's name? Heidi

Daddy's name? Daddy

Mommy's age? 8

Daddy's age? Old (ha!)

Favorite TV show? Backyawdigans (I asked her what other shows she likes, since she rarely discriminates and she said, "I SAID Backyawdigans! Ok...)

Mommy's favorite TV show? Vikings (UGH)

Daddy's favorite TV show? Vikings

Favorite toy? Toys

Mommy's favorite toy? Pictures

Daddy's favorite toy? Phones

Favorite song? Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Favorite food? Pizza (I said, "You don't like pizza". She said, "Oh yeah!")

Favorite thing to wear? A shirt and some pants

BLECH
It's been awhile since I've posted because sickness has been abundant in the house for over a week. Ava finally seems to be getting better, but poor little Reese is still very congested and coughing a lot.

TWO MONTHS
Reese hit the 2 month mark on March 10th and she had her 2 month doctor appointment today. Getting ready to go to the doctor was much like getting ready to go to the dentist (see Open Wide post). After all that, imagine the thud of my heart dropping when we got there and I was told that our appointment was at 1:20 and not at 10:40 (we were there at 10:40). I really didn't accept that it was my mistake because scheduling anything between about 12 and 3 is just not a good idea for us and our precious sleep-monger Ava. Thankfully they were able to squeeze us in anyway! Big sigh. Here are Reese's stats:
Weight: 10 lbs, 4 oz (22nd percentile)
Length: 22 3/4 inches (44th percentile)

For comparison, Ava's stats at 2 months:
Weight: 10 lbs, 7 oz
Length: 23 inches

I thought Reese would have surpassed Ava at this point as she seems like quite the little chunk to me now. But maybe it is because I am mourning the warp speed growth of Reese so much more, given that there is a slim to none chance of a third. :-) Despite the shots and her stuffy head, Reese seems to be doing fine. She really is an easy-going baby.

And a few pictures to end this post...
Post-dentist Ava (remember we didn't get any photos during the visit...)

We call Reese "Big Eyes"

Cutie pie at 9 weeks

My favorite picture of A & R together

2 comments:

C! said...

OH MY GOSH they are just beautiful girls! I love the pictures - and Reese's eyes are big - so pretty. I'm glad to hear she is such an easy going baby.

dougnlarry said...

What gorgeous pics! Reese looks so much like I remember Ava looking as a baby.