Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Catching Up

So a lot has happened in the month since I've last posted. I went back to work on April 6th after 12 weeks off. I wasn't ready to go back - in fact, Scot had to pretty much pry Reese from my arms that first Monday morning...BUT, it was all a little easier to deal with considering I only had to be back for 12 working days before I'd be on another hiatus. Sending Reese to daycare was also a lot easier than it was with Ava since we've been-there-done-that. And she was 4 weeks older than Ava was. And she is a much easier baby. As it turned out, Reese made a relatively easy transition to being in daycare. She struggled with the bottle on the three Mondays she was there, but coasted the rest of the days. On the days I picked her up, she was often sitting in an infant seat and smiling while she watched the other kids.

Work was fine (while I was there). It didn't take long before I felt like I had never left. And like everywhere else, Medtronic hasn't been immune to the recession. We won't be getting raises and they will be announcing 1500 layoffs in the next month - so the morale isn't great, most of us are just happy to be employed. I would have been busy with the salary planning that goes along with performance reviews during my return, but that wasn't a factor given the circumstances.

Reese celebrated 3 months on April 10th. At 3 months, she is smiling and cooing a ton and has found her fingers which she loves to stuff in her month. I wish I could say she kept up her rock star sleeping habits, but those fell by the wayside the day I returned to work. Since then she's been getting up one or two times a night. Well, it was good while it lasted...I can only hope things turn around soon.

My last day of work was Tuesday, April 21st. Scot and I spent Wednesday and Thursday packing and cleaning for our 11 week exodus to Atlanta...

And my dear blog friends, that's about all I have in me for today (I have been writing this post off and on all day and this is all the farther I've gotten!). I will try to finish this up tomorrow, though we're heading out to the Georgia Aquarium for the day so it won't be until a little bit later. TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great day at the aquarium! Can't wait to hear all about your new digs.

dougnlarry said...

How is Reese already 3 months old?? Wow, time flies. That's so great that she transitioned so well to DC. I find it quite amusing that all second babies are easier than the first. :)