Sunday, June 07, 2009

America's Next Top Model...

could be Reese ;-)

Soon after we settled in at a waterpark this morning, Reese and I were approached by a very nice woman who fawned over Reese and then asked if we would be interested in going to a casting call on Friday. Apparently she is a baby modeling scout for print ads and such for companies like Baby Einstein and Boppy. She said that Reese has just the right amount of hair and nice big eyes and eyelashes. So, what do we have to lose? We'll probably check it out on Friday - if Reese "gets the job" the actual photo shoot would be later in June. Kind of fun! Whatever happens, I still think Reese is the cutest baby around :-)

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

How cool is that! I'd love to see Reese in a magazine layout.

Just as long as you don't get her into any kids beauty pagents...

Julie said...

I love that little baby and am not at all surprised by this development.

But just the right amount of hair?! You'll have to hope they never see the back of her head or pray that it's a Rogaine for Babies commercial.

dougnlarry said...

How exciting! Both of your girls are gorgeous enough to model. Maybe this will end up paying for their colleges? ;)

Sandy said...

Not to rain on your parade, but I think it will be a good idea to maintain situational awareness and to be aware that there are scammers Out There eager to take advantage of the love you have for Reese. See this site, for example, and others like it before you go on Friday:
http://www.modelingscams.org/childmodelingscams.html. I hope I'm wrong and that it's legit and that I'll see Reese in a baby catalogue someday soon.

Heidi said...

Chuck - Thanks for your concern - there is actually no fee to do this, so I don't think it's a scam. It's just an "audition" and then if Reese gets selected, we would get paid $200 for the actual photo shoot and that's really all there is to it. It's not like signing on with a modeling agency and paying an agent or something like that. She knows we're just here temporarily and this particular shoot is for baby bouncers, so Reese is the appropriate age. If it was something that required money upfront, we wouldn't do it.

So we'll see what happens - there's nothing to lose but about an hour of our time on Friday.

Lisa said...

I will be expecting a new blog soon to hear the update on how it went. Look fierce, Reese!