Monday, July 13, 2009

6 months

How is my little peanut butter cup 6 months old already??? Mah. While I love bearing witness to all of her fun new milestones, I can't help but miss the little 6 pound bundle she once was... Reese is such a wonderful baby, I just can't gush about her enough! She is always smiling and she hardly ever cries, just when she has a legitimate reason OR if it's midnight, 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock in the morning (take your pick, sometimes all in one night!)...Yes, her only flaw is that she still isn't sleeping well at night. BUT we're hoping things turn in our favor now that we're finally back in our house and she's in her own room. The 2 bedroom apartment in Atlanta got really small in the middle of the night when she chose to shower us with ear-piercing wails. There's only so much ignorning you can do when the source is less than 4 feet away from your head.

Anyway, back to her endearing traits, of which there are many...
•Her smile and dimples
•Her BIG eyes and eyelashes
•Sitting - she's getting a lot better at this, but still falls over quite a bit
•Crawling - NOT yet, but we fear she will be soon. She's always on her hands and knees now, rocking, and spinning in circles
•Eating - she's intensely interested in food - she gets a very determined look on her face when she sees us eating and enjoys grabbing our plates. We've started to give her baby food - pears seem to be the favorite so far but she has enjoyed pretty much everything we've offered
•Did I mention she is SO CUTE?

We just love Reese to pieces (pun intended). :-) I feel so lucky that we have her in our life, it's hard to imagine it without her now! Here are a few pictures taken on our return trip home...

(I tried to upload a video of her spinning in a circle, but it wasn't working...I will try again later)

2 comments:

dougnlarry said...

Happy Birthday Reese! She's such a cutie. I hope the sleep comes soon.

Addie said...

Wow - Reese is growing up so fast! I'm impressed that she's up on her knees already. Sam has no interest in going any where....I'm so proud of him for that!