Scot is flying his last flight (finishing one week ahead of schedule!) as I type this and should be home around midnight. He is so excited to be done and I'm so proud of all that he has accomplished while we've been down here. He will be on active duty orders for another 45 days once we get back to MN, so he'll get some more practice flying in the left seat and then they'll officially turn him loose as Aircraft Commander. After that, we don't know what will happen - he will try to work out at the base as much as he can and keep trying to get hired on full time.
I just put the girls to bed after spending the last few hours at the pool, soaking up sun and the 90 degree heat. I spent most of the day packing and cleaning - the girls were at daycare so I actually got a lot done. Scot and I broke for lunch and went out for Mexican - it was lovely. He has to go into the base tomorrow morning for a short period to out-process and then we'll be on our way, arriving back home on Monday. We'll spend some time again wth Grandpa Chuck & Grandma Sandy for a few days and we'll also be staying a night with my friend Lisa who lives in a northern suburb of Chicago. We have 5 kids under 5 between us, so it should be...exciting?
Top 5 things I can't wait for back home:
1. Family & Friends
2. Sam & Rocky
3. Our gas grill
4. Having a yard
5. Reese sleeping in her own room
Top 5 things I will miss about Atlanta:
1. The pool
2. The "Big Park" - my favorite place to take Ava
3. Washer & Dryer on the same level as our bedrooms
4. The amazing selection of shopping & restaurants within 3 miles of our apartment
5. The weather - I don't mind the heat!
I hope everyone has a safe & fun holiday weekend - enjoy!
2 comments:
Its' always nice to be away, but good to get back home! Jen
Be safe! I'm glad you're taking the trip home slow, I'm sure it is easier on all of you that way.
Post a Comment