Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Good times

We were in Wausau from Fri-Mon to celebrate the Easter weekend with my family. It was a really fun time. Upon our arrival to the big city, Scot surprised me with a massage appointment - it was heavenly and very much appreciated! After that it was brats and fixings at my parent's house. Played it pretty low key the rest of the night.

We had plans on Saturday to go to the waterpark, but it was closed to the public that day (lame). So instead, my mom and I took the girls to the Children's Museum in Stevens Point, which was an OK substitute. While we were doing that, Scot and my dad test drove some cars...more on that later. During naptime, I went shopping with my sister JoAnn and Scot played video games with my 11 year old nephew Gus - everyone was happy! In the evening, we went out with a group of my sister's friends to a Japanese restaurant for hibachi - yumm!

Easter morning included an indoor egg hunt for Ava and...drum roll...her introduction to Polly Pockets! Boy, that Easter Bunny knows four year old girls well. Reese got one of those mesh tunnels to crawl through which she likes quite a bit. After that, we met up with an old high school friend turned photographer who took some photos of all us in the park. I'm excited to see how they turned out. Then it was family time and lots of good Easter food for the rest of the day.

We got back to MN around noon on Monday - then Scot went car shopping again and signed the papers for a 2010 Ford Fusion (it's black). Just picked it up yesterday and I drove it to work today - it's pretty awesome. My Golf was a good little car, but it was time for something new. We bought it new in June of 2000, just before I started my first teaching job. 10 years ago.

Over the weekend I also read our latest book club selection The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. I loved it and I can't wait to read the sequel. That was book #8 for me in 2010 - check out my Goodreads link on the side of my blog to see my other recent reads.

Really great long weekend...but then just got the news about Scot's next deployment. His dates have changed 4 or 5 times now, I think, but now they are finally set. So he leaves in 3 weeks. Guess it can't all be good.

But these pictures from the last week are:

Ava and her new best buddy Marshall (6) who lives 2 doors down from us. How cute are they?

Bathtime:

1 comment:

dougnlarry said...

Congrats on the new car! It sounds like a great holiday weekend. Good luck in 3 weeks when Scot leaves. I know you'll do great.