Monday, November 22, 2010

Miscellaneous

Good thing we already had a follow up appointment scheduled this morning at the orthopedist.

Ava and I were sitting on the couch Sunday morning when she said, "Hey Mom, watch this - my cast comes off." And then proceeded to...pull off her cast. I watched in horror, my mouth agape. I finally said something like "I think we should put that back on." And so she put it back on.

At the orthopedist office, the PA asked us how things were going and if the cast seemed to loose or anything. I told her that yes, it probably was a little too loose, telling her about yesterday's events. She said that wasn't too unusual - that Ava's wrist and arm were probably a lot more swollen when the cast went on. So, a sawed off pink cast, a few more xrays, and a new (red) cast and we were on our way.

We've had Monica the cast lady 4 times now...in 2 months. Hoping visit #5 is the last for a long, long time.

In other news...Reese has turned into a talking machine. She babbles nonstop and occasionally throws in some real words and 3-4 word phrases. We giggle now when she orders, "Ava, wash your hands!" after eating. Another favorite phrase is "Wash your body!" when she's in the bathtub...she will repeat this about 27 times each session and with much gusto. She definitely has turned into a little parrot. Got to watch what you say...

And this morning, when I got out of the shower, I found a surprise. Reese was walking down the hallway towards me, fully dressed. I looked around, remembered Scot wasn't home, so it could only be one thing.
"Ava, did you get Reese out of bed and get her dressed?"
"Yeah, Mom. I changed her diaper too."

This I could get used to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Can I borrow Ava?? I could use some help with diaper changes. ;)