Our "easy" girl hasn't been so easy lately...she has really embraced her independent 2 year old-ness in the past several months. Decisions are painful. What to drink, what jammies to wear, what pull-up to wear, ponytail or not, the list goes on and on of topics that require multiple changings of the mind. I can't imagine how stressful life must be for our little Reese ;-) She'll committ to one (yes, the monkey jammies would be great, Mom) only to furiously object as soon as you help out with the original choice. She likes to go back and forth at least 2 or 3 or 17 times, only to finally settle on the choice decided upon 3 minutes earlier.
She has become even more verbal over the past few months, and I think going to the daycare center has helped a lot with that. The girl can rival Ava with her talking (who would have imagined this was possible?) and she really enunciates quite well. In fact, we've noticed that she already pronounces her "R"s, whereas Ava was still talking like she was from Boston up until about 5.
Reese has come home with a lot of songs from daycare - she really enjoys singing. And just the other day she sang the alphabet song all the way through for the first time. She just loves L a little more than the other letters, her version goes like this...H - I - J - K - L - L - L - O - P. She can also count to 13.
She is still our little comedian - she loves to make us laugh with her expressions and funny voices, she's always hamming it up. Even though dinners at our house can be stressful, we can generally count on her to break things up a little with some humor.
Potty training has not gone anywhere unfortunately. Ava even made Reese a "Princess Potty" sticker chart...but she has only gone 3 times over the past few months. Ava was potty trained by now, so it is frustrating. Reese just doesn't seem to have any interest whatsoever. The daycare has told us that when we are ready, we can just send her in underwear and that will usually do the trick in about a week...but I am still skeptical at this point. If she was making any sort of effort at home, I'd be all for it, but she just doesn't seem to have made any connections yet nor does she seem to have the desire.
What else? She is still at that cute age where she misprounces a lot of her words.
January = "Jean-a-ware!" (She loves to announce when her birthday is)
Museum = "Moozoom"
Computer = "Puder"
Anything that starts with L is pronounced as Y (i.e.: Like = "Yike", Look = "Yook")
I'm going to have to start writing these down when I hear her say them - I know there's a ton more but I'm having trouble remembering them now.
To piggyback on the last one, though, here is a conversation that was repeated occassionally over the summer. It made me laugh everytime...
Ava: Reese, I don't like you.
Reese: Ava, I yike you!
Ava: REESE! I don't like you!
Reese: Ava, I yike you...
Ava: REESE! I DON'T LIKE YOU!
Reese: I yike you, Ava.
No comments:
Post a Comment