Sunday, November 27, 2011
Trick or Treat
Only about a month or so late...
Here is our resident Renaissance princess and bumblebee.
The girls got to wear their costumes 3 times this Halloween season. On the Thursday night before Halloween, Ava's school had a DJ dance/dressup party - the kids had fun walking around the dance floor, but were pretty shy when it came to actually dancing. On Halloween day, they got to change into their costumes at daycare for a little parade and trick-or-treating throughout the center. Finally, it was Halloween night and the girls were SO excited! Julie and Todd (and dog Greta) came over too to partake in the fun. We made an hour long lap throughout the neighborhood. The girls pulled in quite a haul and just had so much fun - they were both at such a fun age to go trick-or-treating. After we got back, Ava handed out candy to the last of the kids to hit our neighborhood. I told her she could give one piece of candy to each kid (I wasn't sure how many more we'd have)...so when one older boy came and grabbed a handful, Ava sternly said "you can only take one." He said sorry and put the rest back. Ha! I never would have had that much gumption at her age. Heck, even now I probably would have let it go...:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment