Goodness...Ava turned six over a month ago already. Here goes!
Her birthday was on a Thursday & coincidentally fell on the one day a month I volunteer in Ava's classroom. So, it was fun to spend some time with her in class and then stick around to eat lunch with her too. One is made to feel like a local celebrity amongst a gaggle of 6 year old girls - pretty fun! That night, we played it pretty low key. She got to open her presents and I'm pretty sure we had spaghetti and cake.
Two days later, we had not one, but two parties for her! The first was her "friend" party during the day at Lookout Ridge, an indoor play area in Woodbury. In addition to our local standby friends' kids, I gave Ava the go ahead to invite 6 friends from school. It didn't take her too long to finalize a list...Mya, Lindsey, Clarke, Lauren, Cora & Henry O. She's told us she's in love with Henry O. numerous times, so it wasn't too surprising that he made the list. Thankfully, for Henry O., we also knew Alexander & Bennett would be coming, so he wouldn't be the ONLY boy. Keira and Anna rounded out the guest list. And all of the kids she invited were able to come, so she was thrilled. It was so fun to see her SO happy, she loved playing with all of her friends outside of school. It all went well. They played hard and stopped to catch their breath twice, once to eat cake, once to open presents. And I also learned that kindergarten is apparently the magic age where, as a parent, you don't need to stay at the parties your kids get invited to. None of the parents of her school friends stayed. So, now I'm just waiting and hoping for Ava to get reciprocal invites so we can get some 2 hour blocks of free babysitting. Ha.
After that party, we had family over to the house for pizza, cake & ice cream. Ava had just as much fun with all of her admiring family members as she did with her friends. All in all, it was a great couple of days. And once again, I am left to ask, "Where did my baby go?"
No comments:
Post a Comment