Scot has taken off Ava's training wheels...and then put them back on more times than I think he'd like to remember. Ava has generally proven to be a bit ahead of the game when it comes to physical activities, but bike riding has been the exception to that rule.
Faced with another season of warm weather, my hopes were not high that the balance fairy would pay Ava a visit. We have friends who swear by strider bikes, so I was looking at those online as a possibility for Reese (let's start early with #2), when I came across a product called The Balance Buddy. Review after review was positive, the only con mentioned that it was a shame to spend the money on it when you only needed it for a few hours. It worked that well, according to the giddy review writers.
Really? I was still skeptical but figured it was worth a shot.
Scot played along and attached it to Ava's bike yesterday. And, just like everyone said, it worked like magic. She literally went from zero to bike riding all by herself in about 30 minutes. Hooray!
This is what our neighbors got to watch for a half hour. I'm especially grateful for all of the video Scot took, which stars me running. Awesome. (No, you don't get to see that, this picture is enough)
Reese ran up and down the street as much as I did with Ava. That's a lot of mileage for a 12 inch inseam. And I can't help that she wears leggings as pants. Try explaining this fashion faux pas to your 3 year old and see where it gets you.
No comments:
Post a Comment