Friday, April 13, 2012
Reese
Checking in at 3 years, 3 months...
Reese is almost potty trained...In January I claimed that she was 90% there, but then she took a steep nose dive in February and abandoned all of the hard work she (I) had done. She was back in pullups all day and she had no interest in using the potty at daycare or at home. That lasted about a month...and then in March she flipped a switch and started using the potty again. So, now that's it April, we're finally back where we were in January. It's been frustrating...but I guess she'll get there sooner or later!
Reese is very verbal and enunciates her words very well for her age. But there are still some things she messes up, which are endearing...
wheelcart = cartwheel
binastics = gymnastics
paintnails = nails that are painted
paper toilet = toilet paper
chaplicks = chapstick
nessick = necklace
sak-ed = naked
And she's still a stinker. On Easter "Eve", I coached Ava and asked her to come in our room the next morning before she went downstairs to look for eggs. She complied. Reese was still sleeping so we let Ava watch some cartoons in our bedroom while we waited. In the meantime, Reese got up without us hearing her and promptly went downstairs and began her own private egg hunt.
After awhile, I finally heard her and we all jumped into action. Ava started crying when she realized Reese had started collecting eggs - half of the eggs in Reese's basket had "A"s on them. So, we had to take a little time out, Mom rehid the "A" eggs, and the egg hunt commenced again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment