We spent a quiet evening at home for New Year's Eve...I made an Italian dinner, Scot and I drank some German wine, and we toasted to the exciting year ahead in Croatia. We hope to make the most of our time here - our only full year. There is so much to see, we're starting to look at the calendar and get a plan mapped out.
With a few glasses of wine and 2 straight weeks of "quality" time with the kids, my lights were out at 11. Pathetic, I know. But then I was woken up by fireworks. Nonstop fireworks. I rolled out of bed and onto our 2nd floor balcony to find fireworks shooting off in every direction. We saw them towards the city and by the castle and everywhere in between. I've never seen anything like it! It was quite a magical experience.
We can have only so much fun without our friends and family here...so our New Year's wish is to see as many of you that we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment