Monday, September 01, 2008

Daddy Doll

Well, these are the best pictures I've gotten to date with Ava and her Daddy Doll (which isn't saying much). At least you can see what it looks like :-)



We had a busy weekend. A big first for Ava was going to the movie theater! We went to a matinee of WALLE today and I'm relieved to report that it was a success. We just had one false alarm potty trip 20 minutes into the movie (she had just gone while the previews were running, so I was skeptical but took her anyway). Otherwise she munched on popcorn and was otherwise entranced in the show. I really didn't think her attention span would be too much of an issue, since this is what slack-jaw looks like anytime her beloved "T-toons" (cartoons) are on:

Jesus, you'd think that's all she did. But we don't let her watch that much TV - but, look out because when it's on, it's ON.

Anyway, the weekend in its entirety was pretty tiring. I think Ava is really missing Daddy too, which has made her quite a bear to deal with. We still had a lot of fun, despite the tantrums (both hers and mine). We went over to see Di and Marilyn on Saturday, where I also got an hour to myself at Target (heaven). On Sunday, we went over to Lake Elmo, which is a manmade lake & beach area, and that was actually a lot of fun and not even that much work for me, which made for a good combination. And today's big event was the movie. We mixed in some errand running and visits to other parks...and I think I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

dougnlarry said...

I love the Daddy doll! That is too cute. Whoever thought of that is a genius!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! I love the Daddy doll too! What a super idea.
Sorry you're missing Scot. I hate that you're without him again.
We're proud of him!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE the daddy doll, it looks really cool!
I would have had to get 3 of them, and you can bet your bottom dollar the little turds would have fought over them still!! haha

Glad Ava did so well in the movies...love her 'slack jaw tv face', my lot get like that too sometimes (and honestly I love it!). :P