Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Guess who's going to the Packer game on Sunday!?!

Me!

And I couldn't be more excited. Aacck! I'm REALLY excited!

Yesterday some guy at Medtronic sent out an email that he had tickets up for grabs for this Sunday's game...so my friend Jess jumped on them right away! Well...first she tried calling me and emailing me to see if I wanted to go, but then finally checked my calendar and realized I was in a meeting. After about 10 minutes of deliberation without my input, she emailed the guy back and said she'd buy them, hoping I'd say yes once I got back to her. And I did. It has taken quite a bit of logistical coordination, but we have secured our plans to go.

My sister was supposed to come visit me this weekend, so I had to cancel those plans. I'm such a jerk (but she did acknowledge she'd have done the same thing).

Jess, Jared, and Keira are going to a wedding reception in the UP on Saturday...but coincidentally they have to swing through Wausau on the way home.

SO...Ava and I will head out to Wausau on Friday night and hang out with the fam. Jared will drop Jess and Keira off in Wausau on Saturday night - he has to head back to MN by himself as he has to work on Sunday. Then Jess and I will make the trek to Lambeau Sunday afternoon (it's about 90 miles - not bad) for the night game - Green Bay vs. Dallas. How COOL will that be??? Oh yeah, and my mom has graciously agreed to watch our dear daughters and put them to bed while we are out. Then we will drive back to MN on Monday morning. I CAN'T WAIT.

I've only ever been to Lambeau one other time. Scot and I went to a Packers-Vikings game in...let's see...it was before digital cameras...Must have been 2000 or 2001 because I was teaching at the time. It was the last game of the regular season, so it was FREEZING. We took a bus trip from Coral Lanes (the bowling alley) in Wausau and it was awesome. Poor Scot was the ONLY Vikings fan on the bus and boy, did he hear about it. Especailly on the way home as the Vikings LOST. It was an awesome experience and I'm so excited to have the opportunity to go again. Last time I made signs and everything...one said, "Brett - jump here!" and the other one said "Favre 4-Ever". Don't think I'll be making signs this time...but I am still thrilled. Even though my heart aches for Brett. Still. Sigh.

Jess and I had the opportunity to go to one other game together in 2004. Our friend Meghan lived in Green Bay at the time and emailed Jess on a Monday afternoon that she had extra tickets for that night's game - Monday Night Game at Lambeau. Much to our dismay, Jess and I had been in a STUPID meeting for a few hours and so it was already really late when we got the message. Still, we decided we'd go. Make the FOUR hour trip to try to make it to the game by kickoff. We sped home, changed clothes, got our things together and then realized that what we were about to do was really stupid. We weren't going to make it in time for kickoff, we were going to spend 8 of the next 11 hours in the car, etc, etc. We begrudgingly resigned ourselves to watching it on tv. And were we glad we did! It was possibly the worst Packer game in recent memory. I can't remember who they played or what the score was, but it was terrible. I think it rained too. I really hope this weekend's game is better. The weather's supposed to be great and it should really be a great matchup. Yahoo!

On an unrelated note, I never posted pictures from our weekend with Grandma "Ola" and Grandpa Bud (my parents) so here are a few:

I don't think I mentioned it on the blog, but my dad turned 80 last month - Happy Birthday, Dad!


I finally got some pictures of Ava in her hulu outfit that we brought home from Hawaii:




And I think this picture is so cute - Ava was coloring a note for Daddy. I bought this Old Navy dress for Ava while my parents were here and she has worn it at least once a day since and always begs me to let her sleep in it (notice she's also wearing it in the picture above - I finally hid it). She calls it her "ball gown". LOL.

6 comments:

dougnlarry said...

I'm so jealous! But also happy for you. I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

I love the pics of Ava in the hula outfit... too cute!

Happy Birthday to your dad.

Addie said...

Have a terrific time at the game! My aunt and uncle who live in DePere have season tickets (at least they used to...I can't believe they would have sold them...) What a great distraction for the weekend while Scot is gone. And Ava looks too cute in the pictures as always.

Tricia said...

Have a great time!!! You deserve it! And too cute about Ava's "ball gown"! :) And wow, does she really color in the lines like that! That's amazing! Sam just scribbles all over the page; though to his credit when I ask what he's drawing he usually says "spider web" - well, I guess it certainly does look like a spider web!

C! said...

YAY Enjoy the game!!! I can't believe how far along you are now - I just saw your ticker. Time is flying :)
oh - and read a few posts down - about singing "jingle bells" - my philosophy is it is ok to sing/play Christmas music in any month that ends in -ber :) so you were just a few days early!!

Amanda said...

Hope you are having fun at the game! Right now the Cowboys are winning - woohoo!!! Seriously, though, hope you have fun.

And I love Ava's hula outfit! We got one for Bethany when she was just 11 months old and it was so funny on her! Ava looks really precious in it.

Rebecca said...

Love the hula outfit, how cute is that!!