Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Diaper #278

Or thereabouts. I haven't been keeping track, but I would venture to say that it's pretty close to that number. We're at 3 weeks, 3 days in the Land of the Wilcox Four. And things are going really well!

Reese has kept up with the good sleeping habits that I mentioned before and we are SO grateful. Last night she slept from 11:30 to 5:30. Ahhh...of course, I didn't sleep six straight hours since I was regularly waking up somewhat panicked, wondering if she was in fact still breathing. But I still woke up feeling rested, a glorious thing. And she has even given us the six hour stretch a few other times. Otherwise, she usually sleeps 4 hours at a time at night, which I can't complain about either! Of course, at this point, her sleeping arrangements aren't quite what you'd say conventional. We have yet to use the very cute bassinet that my friend Jess lent us. Instead, Reese is sometimes in bed with us and the rest of the time she's in a bouncy chair in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on. I dread our next electrical bill, but you really can't put a price tag on sleep, can you? In her 24 days, we've only had 2 or 3 bad nights (definition: being up every 1-2 hours with inconsolable crying). Knock on wood! This is truly a new world for us...as the first 3 weeks with Ava were what I would call nightmarish. Yay Reese!

Ava couldn't be more excited about being a big sister. I am SO proud of how she has handled the transition so far. She LOVES Reese and while she can get a little aggressive at times, her intentions are so, so good. She wants to help in any way that she can and most of the time she truly is helpful. It is so fun to watch them together now, I can only imagine what it will be like in a year.

I did a photo shoot with Reese this morning so I could finally make up a birth announcment - it's all finished and the prints have been ordered so I will post it here next week after I've mailed them out. I even got a smiley picture - I just love it.

I'm more and more amazed by how much Ava and Reese look alike as babies...in a future post, I will show you what I mean...

2 comments:

Tricia said...

oh I'm SO glad you are getting good sleep and that it's going so well! I'm TOTALLY impressed that you've already made up an announcement all on your own. Man, I was not doing that well then and was so grateful that you did it for me! Good work & I can't wait to see it! Looking forward to seeing you Sunday! Tricia

dougnlarry said...

I'm glad things are going so well! I think second babies tend to be more laid back than first. At least that's my experience... ;)