Thursday, January 21, 2010

1 year stats


Weight - 19.6 lbs (10-20%)
Length - 30 inches (75%)

So yes, our little peanut remains a peanut. And not much different (again) from Ava at 1 year (18.12 lbs, 29.5 in). Reese checked out well at the doctor today, although she may have the beginning of an ear infection. We'll keep an eye on it over the next day and fill the prescription if it comes to that. But she seemed in great spirits today, so I'm hoping it turns out to be nothing. Especially since Grandma and Grandpa are arriving tomorrow to take care of the girls for the next few days while I'm in Puerto Rico.

I have decided to give it a gamble and go. It's too bad I didn't book my ticket for LAST Sat - Wed as Scot would have been free the entire time. We'll see what happens...as everyone keeps telling me, basking in the sun by myself with some books for a few days is not all bad. Blah, blah, blah. He finally flew his first missions on Wed and was very busy again today supporting the Haiti relief effort. It's awesome that he is able to help out and make a difference. But I would still like to see him for at least a few hours while I'm down there! ;-)

Back to Reese - what a fun little one year old she is! She has been walking now for about a month. She took her first steps in mid December and it didn't take but a few days before she was walking all over the place. She still only has 2 bottom teeth, but it looks like several on top could be poking through any day. She is still such a smiley little girl - people are always asking, "is she always this happy?" and yes, most of the time she is! She loves to try to keep up with her big sister and will now yell at Ava when Ava takes something away from her. I suspect that her first word will be "No!" or "Mine!" She is definitely more of a tomboy - she likes to play with balls and a toy garage with cars that we have (I think she's put more miles on that in the last month than Ava has in over 2 years). I remember giving Ava a doll for her first birthday and she knew just what to do - she cradled the baby gently and put the bottle in her mouth. Reese couldn't care less about dolls. If I give her one, she will generally toss it aside and move onto something else! She's all about making a mess and another one of her favorite activities is throwing books off the bookshelf. This is all just fine - I'm not sure we could handle another princess obsession in the house...though that can always change, I'm sure!

I had MLK Jr Day off of work, so we made the most of it. In the morning we met a friend and her 2 kids at an indoor playplace called "Little Kids, Big City" - it was set up like a pretend town. Ava and Reese both had a lot of fun. After naps, we went over to the skating rink again. Ava has improved remarkably over the last 2 weeks, it's pretty incredible! She claims she'll be ready for Disney Princess on Ice any day now. She didn't last too long on this particular video, but she was often going about 10-20 yards without falling. And yeah, that's Reese on the sled in the background getting further and further away from us. It's not easy being a single mom to two on ice - LOL!



Time for bed - there's a lot on the agenda tomorrow. Kindegarten (gasp!) screening for Ava in the morning, me working from home, me trying to run last minute errands and get packed and me communicating everything about our life to my parents. Phew! I'll be back next week!

And just a random picture of our little fashionista's outfit options she put together one morning.

No comments: