Sunday, January 17, 2010

Decisions

First, I'm happy to report that Miss Ava rocked the ice skates MUCH, MUCH better this time around. She still fell down quite a bit, but she did a lot of unassisted forward skating and enjoyed the lesson. We then got a second dose of skating for the day as we headed out to my friend Tricia's house in the afternoon - she lives on a lake and her husband did an amazing job of creating their own ice rink. Ava had a great time again and I think she's really sold on ice skating in general now. We actually headed out to Fleet Farm tonight to get her some different skates - the ones I originally bought for her (from ebay) were a little snug and it was pretty difficult to get them laced up tightly, she also complained of her toes hurting and I think that was probably a genuine complaint. So, I bought her some hockey skates that have a buckle (they look like rollerblades) so I think this should help her out too.

We also were busy this morning hosting my book club - we had a nice Sunday brunch of cinammon rolls and fruit, good conversation, and did our annual book exchange. All of the "junior" book club members were along too so it was a lot of fun! I have the day off tomorrow for MLK Jr Day so we're going to meet some friends in the morning at an indoor play place that we haven't been to before. I'm always up for keeping Ava busy!

In other news...Scot left on a Guard trip to Puerto Rico early Saturday morning for 2 weeks. AND I actually am supposed to be joining him down there this Saturday - Wednesday SANS kids. HUGE, HUGE thank you to my parents who will be coming to the house to watch the girls. However, I say "supposed to" because I'm not sure if I'll end up going down there or not. What is normally a pretty lax trip for them (he has been going for the past few years and generally has more time off than he is working), is instead going to be VERY busy as they will be doing a lot to support the Haiti rescue/recovery mission. So, I guess I need to decide if I am ok with spending a fair amount of time by myself. Blah.

No comments: