Monday, May 10, 2010

16 months

My sweet baby, Reese, is technically a toddler now. I'm not sure I'm ready to admit that. But she doesn't make it easy to deny, she is really growing into herself, becoming more and more independent with every day. Sniff.

Gosh, I love this kid. Her little dimples drive me wild. The way she leads with her tummy when she walks. More and more words sounding out of her little mouth (shoes, nigh-nigh, milk, dog are some of her favorites). And then the words she can understand but not say, she is so smart! Her unbelievable appetite - seriously, the girl can pack away some food.

Snuggling with her little 22-ish pound self makes me happy in a way I never thought possible. I love my little Reesy-Piecy so much!

Mother's Day was nice. Ava made me a couple of cards at preschool and at Vicki's. I feel so fortunate to have these little people in my life. Ava can stall like crazy at bedtime - but I didn't mind last night. I stalled right along with her, reading one more book and hugging her little body tightly. She is really growing up too. Too fast.

And then the day ended perfectly, with a phone call from Scot. Happy Mother's Day to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it completely crazy how quickly these second babies grow up?!? It seems so unreal that they are toddlers now. -Addie