Two incredible things happened yesterday.
1. Somebody else cleaned my house.
2. Scot sent me flowers.
I still haven't talked to him (it's been 6 days now, not that I'm keeping track or anything). We've exchanged a few emails, though. I know he's busy getting used to a new job and a new sense of normal, all the while fighting jet lag. I'll get that phone call soon. The flowers are a pretty good substitute for now.
As for the first one...it's been something I've been pondering for a long time. I'm always wishing for more hours in my day. And now more than ever. So, I've allowed myself to get them. She was here for 4.5 hours this first visit (that's 4.5 hours in MY bank now), she worked really hard, and it was one of the best sounds I've heard (of course not in the sound of your own laughing child category, but pretty darn close) - listening to someone else vacuum, mop, spray, scrub, wipe. I'm sold. I'm over feeling guilty about it.
3 comments:
Good for you! that is something Tim and I talk about a lot, whether it is worth it to spend the money to have somenoe clean your house. Lately we have been leaning towards doing it also.
Yay! Now when I come, I can spend quality time with you and the girls! Just kidding :) I'm glad you got your money's worth out of them!
Good for you! You deserve to have someone else clean your house. And I'm glad Scot is sending flowers. I know it's not the same as having him home, but has to be a nice treat.
Post a Comment