Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wilcox Love

Valentine's Day was a fun holiday this year in our house.  Ava got to experience her first official school exchange of valentines and Reese got to exchange them in her daycare classroom.  And it was good for me too!  I was advised by Scot to be home by 4:45 that day to cash in on my treats.  He arranged a babysitter and whisked me off in the Ford Fusion (ok, so not a horse and carriage...but it does have heated seats and is unscented) to Luci Ancora, one of our favorite restaurants in St. Paul.  We love their "tasting" dinners - that night we enjoyed four courses, a bottle of wine, and a scrumptious dessert.  And most of all, just the time to enjoy our meal in peace while we gazed lovingly at each other across the table.  Well, maybe not that last part (this was our 16th Valentine's Day together for God's sake).

Ava made these little gems for us:


The letter translated:
Dear family.  You are nice to me.  I love you because we play games together.  I love to play games with you.  It is fun.  My favorite holiday is Valentine's day.  The game that I like is Kids' Sequence.  Love Ava.

I'll blog (brag) about our parent-teacher conference later, but I just love this letter!  For many reasons - her use of lower case letters has come a long way (at the start of school she only wrote in all caps), her handwriting is very neat, and she's getting better and better at spelling phonetically.  The picture is great too with all of its detail, though Scot was a little offended that he did not make the cut.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

Scot was probably studying for his ASCS test at the time the 3 of you were playing Sequence :)