Monday, March 26, 2007

Bye Bye Daddy

I think today was actually less hard to deal with than the last few days, if that makes any sense at all. There's just been so much buildup and anticipation, that it's almost nice to have it over with and get the countdown started until when he comes back home. I've cried so much over the last week, that it was like I almost didn't have any tears left in me today, you know? Scot kind of felt the same way--he is excited to go do his duty and finally put his training to use, so it's been hard for him too to deal with the drama of packing and getting everything ready and, let's face it, deal with the emotional train wreck that is me. :-) Well, that and we were up at about 4:30 am to be at the base by 5:30 am--I think we were all in a daze! Ava was a complete angel surprisingly, for being up at that hour and we just had a nice time having breakfast with a bunch of the other troops and their families. Otherwise, it was pretty anticlimactic. We didn't stay to watch the plane take off because they had another couple hours of briefings and preparations after breakfast. So Ava and I just went home and sacked out for 2 1/2 hours--it was heaven! And yes, I did take a vacation day after being at my new job for an entire week!

Here's a picture from this morning:



Anyway, he'll be gone for about 7 weeks (his return date is scheduled for May 14), which isn't too bad. It could be a lot worse. It takes them 4 days to get there and 4 days to get back, so it's also comforting that 8 days of their tour is travel time. I think it will be nice to have the distraction of a new job and I'm trying to keep my weekend calendar full. Ava and I are starting a music class this Saturday, so we're looking forward to that! I am also fortunate to have a lot of friends and family nearby to help out. Now if I could only figure out how to speed up time...

If you have any positive thoughts laying around that you could spare, we'll take them! :-)

We had a great weekend together--we had a date by ourselves on Saturday night, spent Sunday afternoon with Scot's family, and ended the weekend with just the three of us. It was perfect.

Here's a picture from Saturday:


No comments: