Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Exciting Firsts!

Ava peed in her potty chair tonight for the first time! She has seemed to become a little more cognizant of her bathroom episodes over the last few days, although with it has come lots of false alarms. But tonight we had our first success--pretty exciting! We headed upstairs to take a bath and she kept saying "potty" before we went into the tub. I put her on the chair but she didn't do anything. So, then I put her in the bathtub and when she got out she said "potty" again. I put her back on the chair and she peed! I cheered and made a big deal out of it. She wanted to go on the potty chair again a lot after seeing how happy it made me :-)

I just checked my baby book over the weekend and I was potty trained at about 2 weeks after my 2nd birthday. So, maybe Ava will follow my lead. We'll see if the interest continues.

Ava also said "I love you" to me tonight! It sounded a little more like "I Wu", but I'm going to go ahead and say that she meant "I love you". She does have a little trouble with the letter v, as she calls herself "Awa". Anyway, it was awesome.

Oh, and this doesn't have anything to do with Ava, but we got new carpet in the family room today! I've been complaining about the carpet ever since we moved in--it was filthy. So, yay! But I'm not sure I like the color. It's still a thousand times better than what it was, but I think it's quite a bit darker than what I had envisioned.

No comments: