Everyone survived the trip to Madison that Scot and I took a few weekends ago. We really had a great time catching up with my family, milling about the city, sleeping in, eating meals in peace, watching the Badgers beat Iowa, sleeping in, eating meals in peace, reading, sauntering around (when was the last time I sauntered?), etc, etc. Oh, did I mention sleeping in and eating meals in peace? My uncle Bill was able to get 4 seats in the alumni suite, so Bill, my mom, Lynn, and I sat up there. It was a pretty fantastic way to watch a football game! The rest of the crew had seats on about the 30 yard line and 25 rows or so up.
Of course, I still missed Ava a ton despite the positives mentioned above. Julie fared well herself, although her final report of extreme fatigue leads me to believe that she won't be saying yes to another weekend babysitting gig for quite some time. Law school? No problem. Taking care of an intense toddler? Not so much.
Here are some pics from game day:
Gus sporting all of his new Badger garb

The Gang at the beer garden before kickoff

Lynn and Mark

Greg and JoAnn

Big smiles from the temporarily childless (and somewhat drunk) couple
No comments:
Post a Comment