Sunday, October 28, 2007

More of the same

Well, Scot didn't end up getting Lasik surgery after all. The Air Force apparently does not have all it's ducks in a row in regards to the process (not surprising in the least). They are now requiring Scot to complete additional paperwork and go through additional vision tests before they approve the surgery. Scot made an appointment on Friday to get more contacts and will just wait for more direction.

We've had a pretty decent weekend so far, although yesterday was a little bit sketchy. We actually skipped music class because Ava has a bit of a cold and was generally impossible to deal with in the morning. Putting on her pants was a 10 minute screaming and thrashing ordeal (she was doing the screaming and thrasing, but I kind of wanted to after awhile...). No idea what the problem was, but that pretty much sealed our decision to not take her out in public. Things improved after her nap. We went out to a pumpkin patch in Afton and had a lot of fun. They offered up a large playground, a petting zoo, tractor rides, pumpkin picking, and lots of apple-related treats. That night, Julie came over to babysit and Scot and I went out to dinner by ourselves. It was a very nice treat!

This morning we went to the Lake Elmo Park Preserve to watch Scot and my coworker Adam run a 5K (The Great Pumpkin Chase). It was a good time--Ava donned her monkey costume for the first time. When Ava wakes up from her nap, she and I are going to head over to my friend Angie's house and hang out with some of my other teacher friends. I'm looking forward to it.

Fun Words & Phrases...some of the things that come out of Ava's mouth are just so cute:
"Oats that?" = What's that?
"Tank YOU!" = Thank you (the inflection on this one is the cute part)
"I wu" = I love you. Aww....


I know there's more, I just can't think of them at the moment...

No comments: