Not much new to report these days...
Ava and I had a weekend to ourselves as Scot went to Atlanta for a Guard trip. We had a good time without him--went to music class, had a dinner out at McDonald's and did some birthday shopping at Toys R Us. Hard to believe her party is just a few weeks away now...we don't even have a theme! Her latest obsession is Thomas the Train. In fact, it is the ONLY show she has ever watched for more than 15 minutes at a time. Ever. We've never caught it on television, but I picked up a few DVDs on a whim last week. She loves anything to do with trains (or "tains!" as she would say) so I thought it might be a hit and I was right (for once). Maybe it isn't good for me to WANT her to watch tv, but sometimes Mommy needs a break! We've watched it together a few times now and it's the pretty much the first time in a long, long time she's been content to sit and snuggle with me. So, maybe we'll do a train theme for her birthday...
No more updates on potty training...and I'm OK with that.
Scot is getting Lasik eye surgery on Thursday! He's been wanting it for a long time, but it wasn't approved by the Air Force. The approval just went through a few months ago, so he's pretty happy. Hopefully it goes through as scheduled--they've given him some grief already about the logistics/process and whether or not they'll let him do it outside of an Air Force base. The rules seem to be geared towards Active Duty and not Guard members.
No comments:
Post a Comment