Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Busy being sad

So I said I was going to get on the ball again with updates...but we were dealt with a devastating blow on Monday. Scot's stepdad Gardy passed away very unexpectedly in his sleep. I sent out an email yesterday to as many people as I could...if you got missed, I'm sorry. Like I said, it was very unexpected - he had struggled with prostate cancer a few years ago, but had been in remission. Initially we didn't know if the cancer lingered and ultimately caused his death, if he had a heart attack in his sleep, or what exactly happened. We have taken comfort in the fact that it happened peacefully. An autopsy has since been performed and they found he had fairly advanced heart disease, which was unknown to all of us. We are also still awaiting toxicology results to see if there were any complications with the medications he was on.

Gardy and Scot's mom Diane got married over 20 years ago and he had been a huge part of all of our lives. We are going to miss him so much. Thanks in advance for any prayers and positive thoughts you can send our way. And thanks to those of you who have already contacted us with your support.

Here is a link to the obitituary, which appeared in Tuesday's Star Tribune.

http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=110919511

We are all hanging in there. Scot and Julie and I put together some posterboards of pictures last night for the reception on Friday, which was therapeutic - it was nice to keep busy and remember Gardy all at the same time. He was truly a wonderful man.

No comments: