
Eh, I think everyone who reads this blog knows anyway. We threw this picture into the Mother's Day cards for our moms and that was a big hit, especially since they were over at our house together - it was nice to tell them both in person.
My due date is sometime around January 11th...I just went in for bloodwork today (10 weeks) and I finally see my doctor on the 27th when I will be 12 weeks. It feels like it's been forever, considering I found out I was pregnant on May 1st. But that is how it goes when you see a family practice doctor and not an OB...oh well.
This pregnancy has already been a lot harder than with Ava. This time I've been "blessed" with pretty awful morning sickness, though it has gotten a lot better over the last week so I hope the trend continues. I was miserable enough a couple of days to call in sick to work. I called the doctor the second time requesting a miracle cure, but she did not have one. Damn her! So, I heeded some of her suggestions and stocked up on Vitamin B6, glucose tablets, saltines, and the like. Scot also very sweetly made a trip to the store one day and bought me literally 7 types of crackers and ginger snap things (wait, I hate ginger) to try and choke down. It's all worked fairly well...though I'm really hoping it goes away in a couple weeks like most of the books promise.
Like my first pregnancy, I have been dog tired and I suspect it is harder to deal with this time, considering I have a very needy 2 1/2 year old to attend to during most of my waking hours. I make it through the mornings fine...but once 1:00 rolls around, I can barely keep my eyes open. I take naps almost every weekend day, the weekdays are a little harder to manage at work. However, I DID take a nap on Wednesday in what we call our "Refuge Room". It has a leather couch, soft lighting, a CD player, etc for employees in our dept to use for breaks. It was heaven to sleep at work and I think I shall do that again soon. And then I'm usually in bed by about 9-9:30. I'm hoping this too will pass once I get out of the first trimester. It did last time.
And now it is WAY past my bed time - 10:30! - so I will continue this later...
3 comments:
I know I was one who already knew, but I want to say CONGRATS again! I LOVE that picture of Ava!!
I love this picture! Thanks for re-sending me your blog link! I'd add you as a "favorite" on my blog but will refrain since you use your last name on your site. I don't get very many readers but I'd hate to route unwanted visitors to you. ;)
Congrats again! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hope the MS is on it's way out and you'll be feeling better in no time.
Post a Comment