Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Well, the daddy in our house was in Seattle for most of Father's Day, but I think we both got what we wanted that morning. For him, he got to sleep in and eat a leisurely breakfast on the veranda of his hotel. For me, Ava let me sleep until 9! Ahh...it was pure bliss.

After breakfast, Ava and I hit Old Navy to buy Daddy a present - we got a him a shorts/shirt outfit. He also got a handmade card from Ava, a card from Sam & Rocky, and a sappy card from me...(ah, pregnancy hormones). He came home from his trip around 5 and we bestowed his gifts upon him. I also cooked a beef roast, so we had a nice dinner together to celebrate his day.





Showing off the card she made. And no, she doesn't use a pacifier, but does insist on putting it in her mouth sometimes when its around.


Scot's been pretty busy lately - he has actually been working full time at the Guard base and will be doing that until he deploys. He has enjoyed being out there and getting more involved and the full time paycheck is nice to see in our bank account again. But I kind of miss my house husband! It was so nice when he was taking care of a lot of the household chores in between his part time flying- we all just felt a little less rushed from day to day. Oh well, we have adjusted and everything is going pretty well...Ava and I are both so lucky to have him around - he is a great dad and a great husband!

Just me, my girl and 2 boys

No comments: