I will take a seat on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon for now. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about football this year - the last few months have taken an emotional toll on me. Silly maybe, but true nonetheless. In fact, I even retired from Fantasy Football this year after 8 or so years of playing and being the commisioner of our league. Like Brett, though, I do reserve the right to come back at any time...:-) Anyway, I was VERY glad to see the Packers come out and smoke the Vikings on Monday night. I found myself cheering for the Pack just like every other game over the past 16 years. Of course, the absence of my boyfriend Brett was very depressing...but I do feel like I will really be able to get behind Aaron in the games to come. It doesn't hurt that he's pretty cute too. Not Brett cute (come on), but cute enough.
In other news, Scot is doing well. I've been able to talk to him a handful of times and email him as well. We still haven't gotten the webcam up and running, as his internet connection is quite slow and the time difference doesn't usually make it convenient. He's been very busy working and that's about all he can tell me. I was very glad to know that for 4 days this past week he was working "duty crew" at the base, doing flight planning and such. Nice to know he wasn't in harm's way for a stretch. The setup is a little different this time and he's disappointed there isn't really a common room for him and his crew to hang out in. The same is true for tanning opportunities - some of you may remember he came back with a savage tan last year. Their outside areas are restricted more and if I remember correctly, they have to be in uniform or in their PT clothes or something anytime they're outside. He was also devastated to find out he has to wait another 2-3 weeks to get a massage, as he had to get a smallpox vaccine upon arrival and they don't want him (and everyone else who has to get one) infecting the spa until it's cleared up. Poor guy. I sent him some mail last week and it took about 6 days to get there. He was able to watch the Vikings-Packers game live actually as it was broadcast on the Air Force network over there. Kickoff was at 3:30AM his time, but of course he and some other diehard fans stayed up to watch it. He had been working night shift the 4 nights before, so he was kind of used to the schedule anyway. He should be able to see some more games while he's over there.
We've been pretty busy at home. My parents came to visit last weekend, which was REALLY nice. Just so nice not to have to do everything by myself for a few days - I really hated to see them go! I'll have to post some pictures from their visit...but I haven't uploaded them yet and I'm just too tired to do it right now.
I asked Ava again if the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. She said "It's going to be a purple baby." Hmm...this isn't the first time she's said that either. Hope she's wrong on this one. For what it's worth, she says she's having a purple baby too.
6 comments:
I'm glad you were able to still find joy in your Packer Passion!
LOL about Scot not getting a massage. I totally remember his "spa time" his last round - though I'm sure he totally deserved it.
And I hate to break it to you but maybe when Ava says "purple baby" she means a Viking fan???? ;)
Hang in there Heidi! You're doing great! You are a great Mom & I really appreciate what Scot is doing for our country and what you & other mom's sacrifice along the way too!!!!!!
I watched the Jets and Packers games this week. I'm still a Brett fan. And I have to say that I personally don't think Rodgers is cute at all. But maybe that's just b/c I'm comparing him to Brett.
I was a little excited (I'm evil, I know) to see Tom Brady go down. I hope the Pats have a horrible year. ;)
I'm glad you and Ava are hanging in there. Sorry Scot has to rough it a little more this time. 5 weeks to go...
I'm glad things seem to be going okay for you guys at home and Scot. I've been thinking about you alot! It would be such a huge adjustment working and taking care of Nate without Ken's support. Just a few more weeks.
I'm cracking up about the purple baby comments from Ava!
I loved the story, but... You spelled my name wrong?? Your friends got it right. I guess I better get home before you completely lose any memory of me. ;)
I plead the 5th. No idea what you're talking about, sweetie...Thanks for stopping in, though!
Ha! Funny since I blogged about the same... that we're going to have to cheer for Aaron, and life will go on! Ha!
Have a good weekend, SP
Post a Comment