Almost there. Another day and I think I'd be in the loony bin.
Ava is having such a hard time - I really don't know how people do this for 12 or 18 months. It has really wreaked some havoc on our lives here, so much more than last time. Now Ava is old enough to know Daddy's gone and that she misses him, but is not old enough to understand why he's gone and for how long. Since the beginning of October, we started coloring each day on the calendar, but her interest in that didn't last very long. This morning I told her excitedly that we only had 2 days left and showed her 2 fingers. She started sobbing and said "No, it's five days!" Poor thing doesn't know that 2 is better than 5 in this case.
On a very happy note, Scot left Afghanistan yesterday and flew as far as Romania. They flew to Scotland today, will go to Nova Scotia tomorrow, and then be back home around 3 pm on Thursday. Thank goodness.
5 comments:
Poor Ava. I don't know how people do it at all and I think you're amazing to be handling everything so well while pregnant with a 2 year old.
I'm glad he's almost home! I hope it's a long time (if ever) before he goes back over there.
Awwwww, poor Ava. I can't even imagine. You're such a strong mommy to handle this so well, and to be so strong for Ava. Soon it will be all over and she won't remember her daddy was even gone.
I'm so excited for you & Ava! And what wonderful news that Scot is already on his way home safe & sound! YEAH! Tricia
ah! bkallsen is my dad. (this is tricia, sorry). My dad was logged into my computer & must have forgotten to log off so I must be logged into google as him. Tricia
Geez he went halfway around the world to get back...what's up with that??
Jay went from Kuwait to Ireland, them Minneapolis as you know and then home finally!
Post a Comment