We had a great time in Wausau...well, up until Tuesday night when Ava threw up on Grandma Ola. About a half hour earlier, Ava had gotten extra clingy with me and insisted on sitting on my lap while I ate supper. She wouldn't eat anything and was burning up. In the 10 mintues it took me to run over to the store and back to get some Motrin, she had puked on my mom. The rest of the evening, Ava repeated in a very serious tone, "When you feel bad, you puke. Yes."
The bad thing was I still had to go back to work on Wednesday. My plan was to drive back in the morning, drop Ava off at daycare and head into work for the afternoon. I needed to physically be in the office because I had to pack up my cube - we're moving to a different building and had to be out by Wednesday at 5 pm so the movers could take over. I would have done it earlier, but didn't get a chance with our impromptu trip out east. So...I couldn't drop Ava off at daycare with a fever, which meant I had to take her to work with me. She actually seemed a lot better during the drive so I didn't think it'd be too bad. But it wasn't great - once we got there, I put on a DVD and she layed on the floor of my cube while I packed everything up. Poor thing...I was done after about 90 minutes so we promptly went back home and got her into bed. We didn't do much the rest of the day besides lay around and watch TV. I have to admit it was kind of a nice break for me...and she snapped out of it today, so thankfully it was just a 24 hour thing.
Otherwise, it was pretty relaxing to be back home. It was nice to have some extra hands. Going to work Mon and Tues involved rolling out of bed and walking 2 steps to the computer, while Ava happily played with Grandma and Grandpa. My cousins Lynn and Mark were visiting from Arizona, so it was great to spend time with them too. It all made the time go by faster, which is really the only thing I need right now.
Mommy's Girl
Having fun with cousin Gus
The whole fam (including stuffed Scot)

Goofy girl

26 weeks
2 comments:
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!! That's so great! I'm glad he'll be on his way home soon.
Ava is such a gorgeous girl and getting so big. And you look fabulous! Thanks for showing off your belly. :)
How exciting that Scot will be home soon. I'm glad you guys had a nice get-away but sorry Ava puked!! Never fun, that's for sure. And you look fantastic - pregnancy suits you and Scot will be so thrilled to see you :-)
Post a Comment